Friday, April 29, 2011

Orlando March 3rd-7th, 2011

Quinn had an orthodontist conference in Orlando, and I was able to go with him this time.  When he was in his residency, the residents would always go to these conferences, so I was excited for a turn.
This month was the SureSmile conference in Orlando Florida.

Quinn and I left on a Wednesday night and flew through the night, to land Thursday morning in Florida.  I should have taken something to help me sleep, because I could not go to sleep!  We were so tired when we landed, but thanks to our new iphone, we got our car and found an IHop.  Then we went to our hotel to see if they would check us in early- and they did!  It was such a great place.  Walt Disney's Swan and Dolphin hotels.  When Quinn was in dental school, he had to present some research at this same place.  He and I flew out there, and left about 24 hours later.  This time, I got to go in and check the place out.
We got in our room, showered and rested, and Quinn got signed in for the conference and we were off to Universal Studios!

Quinn was so excited to go on rides, but I made him stop and take a picture with Diego and me for the kids.

Later we found Donkey and he had some nice things to say about Quinns hair!

This was the first ride we ran to.  Then when we were a few people from the front, it shut down.,  We waited about 45 minutes, then decided to go try some other rides.  Later it was open, it was a fun roller coaster- Quinn went back and did it again.

Then, back to our hotel to get ready for the welcome reception for the conference.
This is the view out of our window.  We were in the dolphin, the swan hotel was across the way.  There are water taxis to epcot and downtown disney.  And just a short walk from Disneys boardwalk.


We headed down poolside for a windy evening with lots of food and lots of orthodontists and their staff, all of which I knew none.  Quinn ran into a couple he new, but mostly we found some yummy food, then sat by the fire on the beach until I was too cold.  Quinn said I was a party pooper, when the residents go to these, they stay and visit until late!


Friday morning, we went and had a yummy breakfast there in the conference center.  All of our meals were included with the conference.  It was so nice!  Then I went to a meeting with Quinn, and he was off to classes.  I took a walk around and met him back up for lunch. 
This is looking back at our hotel walking around the boardwalk area.

Friday night they had a fancy dinner and the theme for the night was "outer space".
Some offices and staff were all done up- Quinn and I just went and ate.  I should have taken a picture of the dinner! A green salad with pear, yummy steak and crab cake with mashed potatoes and carrots. And a chocolate desert. Did I mention the food was yummy?
That's buzz light year and the aliens behind Quinn:


Saturday I woke up and went running- then came back and got a picture of our huge room.
Then I started packing because the next nights, we moved to a less expensive place until it was time to go home.



After lunch Saturday Quinn finished his last classes, and we met up and went to Walt Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom!
Not as great as Disneyland, but it's close...


Everythings smaller there, the lands, the castles, the rides... but we were able to do just about everything- except Space Mountain which closed.  But for that the park stayed open longer! 

Much smaller here, but still one of my favorites:
Its a small world.
Or as I call it at the Magic Kingdom:
Its a small, its a small world.


Saturday we moved to the other hotel close by, then Sunday morning went to church at a very colorful, culturally diverse ward.  It was fun to hear all their testimonies and know the church is such a worldwide church.  Right across the street was the temple, so we went and got pictures:



Then passed a Winn Dixie, and thought of Makayla because we read this book for mother daughter book club in Nebraska.

Heres the view out of our other hotels window.  We enjoyed the sun on Sunday, then flew home Monday morning!


A nice couple from our ward stayed with our kids on the weekdays, and they spent time with their cousins and grandparents on the weekend.  They survived, and so did we.  It really was a fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment